YMCA Branch Name

For Youth Development
For Healthy Living
For Social Development

Child Care FAQs

Find answers to the most commonly asked questions about the YMCA of Central Virginia ChildCare Program.

I have questions about a Y child care program, who do I call?

Contact the child care program director at the AfterSchool or Summer Camp site that is responsible for the program.

How do I enroll in a YMCA Childcare Program?

Because our Child Care Programs are operated through the Virginia Department of Social Services LIcensing, we are unable to allow for online registration. In order to register, download the necessary forms found in the ChildCare Forms and Handbooks section and contact a Child Care Specialist at 434-847-8750.

Will I receive an IRS statement?

Statements for your childcare expenses will be given only upon request from the parent. For your tax records, please use the YMCA of Central Virginia Tax Identification number. The number may be obtained by contacting the director program or the ChildCare office.

Does the program have a sick child policy?

The HEALTH and SAFETY of your child is a matter of major importance to all of us. In order to protect the children in the program who are well, we have very stringent rules about sick children. These rules are in compliance with all Commonwealth of Virginia licensing regulations. If your child becomes ill in our program, we will call you and you must make arrangements to pick up your child IMMEDIATELY. Sick children cannot be with well children. More information on our our sick child policy,attendance policy and other program information can be found in our ChildCare Handbook.


The Y is committed to providing programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We make every effort to ensure that no one is turned away due to inability to pay. Click to read more about our financial assistance.