YOU ARE THE DIFFERENCE - TOGETHER WE CAN DO SO MUCH MORE!
Volunteers are the heart of the Y; without their selflessness we couldn’t do the work we do every day to help kids, families and communities thrive.
There are so many opportunities for volunteers to enhance their personal well-being and develop meaningful relationships at the Y – all while making an impact in the community they care about. Individuals can take an active part in the Y and their community by:
- Lead our boards of directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
Businesses and groups can also get involved at the Y by volunteering for a special service day or project, such as:
- Special Events and Projects
- Collection Drives
- Outdoor/Indoor Clean-Up
- Outdoor/Indoor Painting
- Youth, Teen and Adult Activities
Interested in volunteering? Contact Misty Vinson-Spitzer for more information.