Be healthy. Be strong. Join today!
- Three Convenient Locations
- No Contracts
- Family Friendly, Programs and Activities for Everyone
- Donor Supported Financial Assistance Available
Your membership means more at the Y! More for you, more for your family, and more for your community! Click below to find out more about Y membership, or start changing your life today and download a membership application now.
A BETTER YOU MAKES A BETTER US, AND A BETTER YOU BEGINS AT THE Y, WHERE MEMBERS GET MORE
- Over 100 free adult group and water exercise classes with convenient drop-in schedules
- Unlimited use of our modern fitness equipment, and wellness centers
- Unlimited lap swimming, and family swim time (at branches with pools)
- Free Y Fit Start program with your own coach to help you get started
- Free orientations to learn how to use the cardio and strength training equipment
- Discounts on personal training
- Savings on on programs including swim lessons, youth sports, and more
- Access to free on-site Child Watch, while you work out - please click here to read more about Child Watch policies
- Access to our Family Friendly Interactive KidzGym (Jamerson Family Branch)
- Free access to all YMCA of Central Virginia Branches
- Access to all Virginia and North Carolina YMCA's through our Membership Reciprocity Program
- Limited free guest passes per year to share with your Y with friends and family
At the Y, we encourage our members to live their healthiest and to utilize our facilities as often as possible. Sometimes it’s more convenient to use a Y in another location when traveling, while at work, or just visiting another region. As a valued YMCA member, you have the flexibility to use other YMCA facilities throughout Virginia and North Carolina at no extra charge. Simply present your YMCA membership card and photo ID at participating Virginia and North Carolina YMCAs and enjoy complimentary access.
Membership Reciprocity Program
- The YMCA Reciprocal Membership Program is valid for YMCA members.
- Program-only participants may upgrade to a full membership at any time to qualify.
- Visitors to other YMCAs must present a valid membership card and photo ID upon their first visit and complete a visiting member waiver or standard membership application form with liability waiver.
- YMCA members must use their home family center at least 50% of the time.
- Program discounts do not apply.
- Participating YMCAs reserve the right to restrict facility or program access. Other restrictions may also apply.
As a member of the YMCA of Central Virginia, you have access to YMCAs across the state of Virginia at no extra charge through the YMCA Reciprocal Membership Program. Current members can use any participating YMCA in Virginia at no charge when they show their membership card and photo ID. Some restrictions may apply. Please contact the local YMCA for their specific policy.
Who is eligible to participate in the YMCA Reciprocal Membership Program?
The YMCA Reciprocal Membership Program is for YMCA members only. Program-only participants may upgrade to a YMCA membership at any time to qualify.
Is there a fee associated with participating in the YMCA Reciprocal Membership Program?
No, all YMCA of Central Virginia members may participate at no additional charge. The YMCA Reciprocal Membership Program is intended to be an added benefit and convenience for members when visiting other communities. A YMCA membership must be maintained at the YMCA association that you most frequently visit.
How often can I use a YMCA in another location of Virginia?
There is no limit to the number of visits by reciprocal members. However, YMCA members must use their home YMCA at least 50% of the time.
Are there any restrictions on what I can do at another YMCA facility outside of my association?
It is recommended that members check the website of each specific YMCA before visiting.
What do I need to bring to verify that I am a current YMCA member?
You must present your current membership card and a photo ID in order to utilize another YMCA facility. By providing both of these items, the staff at the YMCA you visit will be able to verify your current membership.
My Y is Every Y - Participating YMCAs in Virginia | June 2015
Alleghany Highlands YMCA
Altavista Area YMCA
Armed Services YMCA *No fitness facility
Bedford Area Family YMCA
Family YMCA of Emporia/Greensville
Four Seasons YMCA
Franklin County Family YMCA
Hensel Eckman YMCA, Inc.
Martinsville & Henry County Family YMCA
Mecklenberg County YMCA
Peninsula Metropolitan YMCA
Piedmont Family YMCA
Rappahannock Area YMCA
Rockbridge Area YMCA
Southside Virginia Family YMCA
Virginia YMCA *No fitness facility
Waynesboro Family YMCA
Willam A. Hunton YMCA *No fitness facility
YMCA at Virginia Tech *No fitness facility
YMCA of Central Virginia
YMCA of Greater Richmond
YMCA of Roanoke Valley
YMCA of South Boston and Halifax County
YMCA of South Hampton Roads
YMCA of Bristol, TN
Additionally, we welcome members from the following states with reciprocity:
Joining Fee $25 | Monthly Dues $27 Any individual, ages 18 or older Joining Fee: $50 | Monthly Dues $46 Any two individuals living in the same household Joining Fee: $50 | Monthly Dues $68 Any 2 adults living in the same household and their children under age 18 (extended families). Additional adults may be added for a $20.00 fee per adult. Limit 4 adults per household. (must present proof of address with membership application*) Joining Fee: $50 | Monthly Dues $75 Any individual, age 65 and above Joining Fee: $50 | Monthly Dues $43 You may qualify for a Active Adult membership if at least one of the adults is age 65+. Joining Fee: $50 | Monthly Dues $67
ACTIVE ADULT FAMILY
Joining Fee $25 | Monthly Dues $27
Any individual, ages 18 or older
Joining Fee: $50 | Monthly Dues $46
Any two individuals living in the same household
Joining Fee: $50 | Monthly Dues $68
Any 2 adults living in the same household and their children under age 18 (extended families). Additional adults may be added for a $20.00 fee per adult. Limit 4 adults per household. (must present proof of address with membership application*)
Joining Fee: $50 | Monthly Dues $75
Any individual, age 65 and above
Joining Fee: $50 | Monthly Dues $43
You may qualify for a Active Adult membership if at least one of the adults is age 65+.
Joining Fee: $50 | Monthly Dues $67
The YMCA of the Central Virginia provides financial assistance for children, teens, adults and families who cannot afford the full cost of a Y membership.
If you are looking for financial assistance for YMCA programs, we offer that too.
We use a sliding fee scale based on total household income and the number of household members. We require supporting documentation to verify household size and income, and we consider special circumstances when providing assistance.
Recipients are expected to be responsible for a percentage of the membership cost.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Stop by any one of our three convenient locations and pick up a financial assistance packet.
- Complete the form, and attach a copy of the required financial documents.
- Return the application and required documents to any YMCA of Central Virginia location.