Special skills, Licenses, Certifications or Equipment:
Currently certified in YMCA Lifeguard or Red Cross Lifeguard with CPRAED for the Professional Rescuer, Oxygen Administration and First Aid. Must crossover to YMCA Lifeguard or attain certifications within 60 days.
Essential Functions of the Job
1. Is attentive and alert at all times while on duty.
2. Responds to any situation promptly; uses appropriate emergency procedures; provides appropriate care.
3. Promptly records and reports any incident on accident report form.
4. Attends all scheduled in-services.
5. Enforces pool rules at all times.
6. Completes all paperwork on time, e.g. daily checklists.
7. Takes responsibility to maintain all certifications.
Provides quality service with honesty, caring, respect and responsibility
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Interpret and enforce pool rules and policies to ensure safety of all participants and swimmers.
2. Execute emergency procedures as needed.
3. Perform all duties with honesty, caring, respect, responsibility and faith.
4. Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Contact Name: Hank Mullins
or Michelle Hopkins
$7.50 & up based on experience.
Click here for more details.
The Jamerson Family YMCA is looking for Water Fitness Instructors to join their Aquatics Team. Water Fitness Instructors will provide water fitness instruction in a safe environment, insuring adherence to pool rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Utilize knowledge and material to provide water fitness instruction for various
age groups in accordance with National YMCA guidelines.
- Responsible for the safety of all participants, i.e. caution regarding unsafe
practices and conditions and following all established emergency procedures.
- Report accidents and injuries and complete incident reports.
- Report maintenance, safety or program issues to Aquatics Director.
- Responsible for attending staff meetings and/or trainings as scheduled.
- Demonstrate and teach the Character Development values of caring, respect,
responsibility and honesty.
- Responsible for arriving prepared for the scheduled class 15 minutes prior; in
proper attire. Responsible for setting up/put away all equipment utilized for class.
- Continually enhance professional development through additional certification
trainings, workshops, educational courses and/or appropriate reading material.
- Promote self-esteem during class instruction while being an enthusiastic and
positive representative of the YMCA.
- Work in harmony and cooperation with the staff, volunteers and members of the
- YMCA to develop team spirit and family atmosphere.
- Be a member service ambassador, remain abreast of current programs and facility
schedules; being prepared to provide personalized direction to other services.
- YASA - YMCA Aquatic Safety Assisting
- First Aid and CPR/AED Certificate/ O2 Certification
- YMCA Lifeguard Certification/State Lifeguard Certification
- YMCA Water Fitness Instructor Certification (Required to be obtained
within 6 months of hire date.)
- Principles of YMCA Aquatics Assistant
- High School (GED) preferred
- Minimum 16 years of age with 6 months experience working with children
- Contact: Please send resume to