At the Y, our cause is strengthening the foundations of community - one person, one family, one team at a time. Sports Performance Training at the YMCA of Central Virginia will help you build the sport-specific strength you'll need to reach your potential.
SPORT SPECIFIC TRAINING
We use safe, proven exercises that transfer to your sport. You’ll see significant, measurable improvements in critical areas, including: reaction time, acceleration, top speed, power, strength, mobility, balance and agility.
And when you work with other members of your team, there's an added benefit. By working together through challenging exercises, you'll build the team spirit you'll need when the season gets tough.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Functional Strength & Power Development
- Speed, Agility & Energy System Development
- Flexibility, Balance & Coordination Training
- Character & Sportsmanship Building
DESCRIPTIONS AND DETAILS
- 6-8th Grade: A 60 min class that introduces our younger athletes to proper movement and lifting principles. These full body workouts will be age appropriate and develop power and strength in a safe learning environment.
- 9th - 12th Grade: A 90 min class that prepares the high school athlete for the upcoming competitive season. Includes pre-phase and exit assessment (Full 3 phase (12 week) participation), individualized sport specific training, web/mobile based tracking of all workouts and results, as well as speed, power,functional strength and mobility training methods.
Classes begin on June 5th | 6th - 12th grade | 12 week total camp - 3 phases - 4 weeks per phase