The Y is the nation's leading charitable organization dedicated to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. For over 160 years, the YMCA of Central Virginia has been committed to creating a stronger, healthier and more connected community for us all.
Last year we contributed over $700,000 to the Lynchburg community, here's a snapshot of our IMPACT:
- More than 26,000 healthy meals were served to youth in our community, giving children in need vital nutrients that are necessary for better physical and mental health.
- 3,722 life-saving swim lessons were given, teaching children invaluable safety and swimming skills so they can be confident in and around water.
- 4,369 Lynchburg-area families, seniors and youth benefited from YMCA of Central Virginia memberships through our Membership for All program.
- More than 1,400 young athletes learned teamwork, sportsmanship and healthy habits through organized Youth Sports.
- Over 3,000 Lynchburg-area families were given the resources to be active together in our free KidzGym interactive family and kids gym.
- 1,034 elementary school students were provided with a safe space to go through the Y Before and After School Program providing families peace of mind so that they can work without worry.
- 2 out of every 5 kids in YMCA Camps benefited from financial assistance funds, providing enriching activities during summer and school holidays.
- 193 youth from under resourced youth participated in over 34,000 hours of Summer Learning Loss Prevention, boosting their literacy skills, effectively closing the achievement gap, and raising their chances for a brighter future.
100% of your donation impacts our community. Click here to give to the Y.
The YMCA of Central Virginia is more than a gym, we are a cause driven community-centered charitable organizaiton commited to offering you and your family with the programs and services that will enhance your life, and create opportunities for you to connect and thrive. Click here to see a complete list of the programs we offer to those in our community.
Through our members and program participants, the YMCA of Central Virginia reaches more than 100,000 people annually. Providing programs and services that nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living and foster a sense of social responsibility. Through financial assistance, supported by your Annual Campaign donations, we have been able to provide Membership and Program scholarships to more than 5,800 people in the Central Virginia area while supporting many of our vital and life changing outreach programs. You can read more about our outreach programs here.