- Downtown YMCA: 8am - 5pm | No Childwatch | No Group Exercise Classes | No Water Fitness Classes | Crossfit @ 10am
- Jamerson Family YMCA: 8am - 5pm | Childwatch, 8am - 1pm | KidzGym, 8am - 1pm | See schedule for class availability
- Express YMCA: 8am - 5pm
Child Watch and Kidz Gym Hours
Downtown YMCA Child Watch Hours
Monday – Thursday8:00am – 1:00pm; 4:30pm – 8:00pm
Friday8:00am – 1:00pm; 4:30pm – 7:30pm
Saturday8:00am – 12:00pm
Jamerson YMCA Child Watch Hours
Monday – Thursday8:00am – 1:30pm; 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Friday8:00am – 1:30pm; 4:00pm – 7:30pm
Saturday8:00am – 1:00pm
Sunday1:30m - 5:45pm
KidzGym at the Jamerson Family YMCA Hours
Monday – Thursday4:00pm – 8:00pm
Friday4:00pm – 7:30pm
Saturday8:00am – 5:45pm
Sunday12:45pm - 5:45pm
Inclement Weather Policy
The Y reserves the right to close or delay the opening of any of its facilities and programming due to potentially hazardous or inclement weather. We will make every attempt to maintain a regular operating schedule as conditions warrant. Safety of our members and staff is our utmost priority.
During inclement weather situations, operating schedules for the Y are based upon the opening of our facilities in a safe manner. In the event of inclement weather, we will attempt to open the Express first and keep the Jamerson and Downtown Y closed so we can properly prep the sidewalks and parking lots for member usage. The following is the system used to notify members and program participants about facility availability. Notifications regarding facilities and programs during inclement weather events will be posted to the YMCA of Central Virginia website and branch Facebook pages, and communicated by email, text alert, and app notifications, and via other media outlets as necessary.
Schedule 1: (Facility Open/Program Operating under normal schedule)
- All program areas are operating on normal schedule.
Schedule 2: (Facility Open/No Programs)
- The facility remains open for members use as scheduled.
- No programs (Childwatch, Kidz Gym, Childcare Inclement Weather Day, Group X or Water Fitness). Evening hours and programs will be determined by 2pm based on the current weather conditions.
Schedule 3: (Delayed Openings)
- Delayed opening times will be determined by what is the safest for members and staff. Programs for the day will be determined by the availability of staff and will be communicated by the above means. Evening hours and programs will be determined by 2 p.m. based on the current weather conditions.
Schedule 4: (Express Open, Downtown and Jamerson Y Closed)
- The Express is open, please call ahead or check the website for hours of operation.
- Jamerson and Downtown Y opening will be based on safety and staff availability.
Schedule 5: (Closed)
- Due to adverse weather conditions, all YMCA branches will be closing early or closed for the day.
- On subsequent days, please call ahead. We will make every effort to open as scheduled.
Members can access any changes in our operating schedule due to inclement weather by calling our facilities or visiting our website. Please check regularly for updates as changes in weather conditions may warrant changes in operating status.