These positions will provide leadership and supervision to child care programs as a whole and directly to all Before and After School Programs operated by the YMCA of Central Virginia in Lynchburg City, Amherst & Nelson County.
- Site Aide - Before & After Care: Works directly with the children, assists with daily activities; i.e., snack, games, activities and clean-up, etc.
- Site Assistant - Before & After Care: Works directly with the Site Coordinator to provide planning and execution of age level appropriate experiences using a variety of materials in the areas of the arts, science, social interaction and physical fitness.
- Site Coordinator - Before & After Care: Supervises other staff maximizing their strengths, supervise planned activities, maintain order and adhere to a pre-conceived schedule for each day.
- Minimum requirements of education/experience as outlined by Licensing Standards for the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Group work experience with children desirable.
- Ability to interact positively with children, staff, parents and school personnel.
- Willing to follow all protocols and procedures in regard to COVID-19
- Proof of negative TB screening within 7 days of employment.
- Pre-employment Drug Test Screening.
- A complete Criminal Background Check.
- Three references that can be contacted prior to commitment of employment.
- A complete, Sworn Disclosure Statement (assures that staff has not been convicted of any child crimes) within one (1) week of employment.
- A complete, notarized Request for Search of the Central Registry and Release of Information Form (for the Department of Social Services to assure that staff person has not been convicted of any child crimes) within one (1) week of employment.
Schedule: Positions run concurrently with the school system schedule.
- On site hours for Before School Programs- 6:30 AM until the school day begins.
- On site hours for After School Programs- hours are end of the school day until 6:00 PM, Monday – Friday.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $8.00 - $16.00 per hour
As an Association, it is of upmost importance that our employees, members, and community are protected by adhering to all guidelines provided by Forward Virginia, CDC, Health Department and VOSH.