- Position Title: Child Watch Attendant
- Department: Membership
- Locations: Downtown, Jamerson Family, Express
- General Description: To provide safe supervision and guidance for children in the Child Watch facility.
1. Interpret, communicate and promote YMCA mission, goals and objectives to employees, members, volunteers and the community.
2. Interact and build relationships with children and their parents/guardians.
3. Demonstrate a working knowledge of and effectively communicate with parents/guardians necessary policies, procedures and issues.
4. Responsible for the safety and well being of each child in care of child watch.
5. Responsible for reporting all accidents and injuries to immediate supervisor.
6. Responsible for reporting any suspected child abuse or neglect to immediate supervisor.
7. Maintain cleanliness and safety of all equipment, bathroom, and play space in child watch area.
8. Demonstrate core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility when dealing with fellow staff, children, members, guests and volunteers.
9. All other duties as assigned.
Accountable for safety and well-being of each child in Child Watch, and for safe environment of Child Watch space. Reports directly to Member Engagement Coordinator.
Must be at least 16 years of age. Must obtain CPR and First Aid certifications within 120 days of hire. Must complete the Child Abuse Prevention trainings before first day of work.
Must be able to stand, stoop and kneel for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.