Our strategy screen is the set of criteria that our YMCA will use to choose whether or not a particular strategy is consistent with its identity and priorities:
- Does it make financial sense?
- Does it address community needs through programs?
- Is the impact able to be measured?
- Are we collaborating with others?
- Does it develop relationships with and among members?
- Strengthen Relevancy & Build Capacity
- How do we continue to grow our mission work around programs that address underserved youth?
- Maintain the infrastructure and make the Capital Reinvestment ensuring that our Y facilities support our programs and the communities they serve?
- Ensure our Legacy & Financial Sustainability
- How do we secure funding and resources to ensure that our YMCA will serve our community for generations to come?
- Tell Our Y Story
- How can we elevate the Y’s position as an impactful community based, non-profit organization?
1. Strengthen Relevancy & Building Capacity
Grow our mission work around programs that address underserved youth. Maintain the infrastructure and make the capital reinvestment to ensure that our Y facilities support our programs and communities they serve.
- Continue to address parking challenges at Jamerson and Downtown.
- Enhance the member experience by updating the Jamerson Y.
- Develop a master plan for how Express Y will serve the community.
- Modernize the Downtown Y with a new façade and infrastructure to meet the changing community.
- Continue to offer Achievement Gap programs to underserved youth.
- Look for additional programs to address learning opportunities for underserved youth.
- Develop a committee of staff and volunteers to develop steps and action items to address the organizational strategies.
- Create a cost analysis to determine the ROI of the plan as well as the impact to the members and other programs taking place at the YMCA.
2. Ensure our Legacy & Financial Sustainability
- To secure funding and resources to ensure that our YMCA will serve our community for generations to come.
- Develop the necessary steps for a capital campaign.
- Develop a case of support to deliver the work of the Y into the future.
- Engage with a professional company to test the Case for Support and conduct a Feasibility Study to determine the potential giving to a Capital Campaign.
- Establish a formal endowment program to include a legacy society.
- Understand maintenance needs of all facilities and prepare financially to support all needs.
- Develop a committee of staff and volunteers to work on steps for a capital campaign.
- Develop an endowment committee to learn and implement steps for a formal endowment program.
- Work with House Committee to understand the maintenance needs and share with appropriate committees and Board to develop a plan.
3. Telling Our Y Story
Elevate the Y’s position as an impactful community based, non-profit organization.
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan to increase advocacy efforts.
- Utilize technology to share the Y story through multiple avenues. (internet, radio, TV)
- Increase marketing efforts to include resources from YUSA.
- Develop a committee of staff and volunteers to work together on ways to deliver the Y Story.
- Research other marketing platforms to learn cutting edge ways to enhance our delivery methods.
- Enhance member experience through technology.