The YMCA of Central Virginia is requiring face masks (covering the mouth and nose) for everyone inside our facilities at all times except:
- Children (ages 0-4) and any individual with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a face covering.
When any individual is actively engaging in the following activities:
- Exercising and/or using equipment on fitness floors
- Participating in group exercise classes or programs in studios
- Playing recreational or organized sports in gyms or on courts
- Swimming, using aquatics facilities, or showering
We strongly encourage (but do not require) those outside our facilities (athletic fields, parking lots, etc.), to:
- Wear face masks over nose and mouth (unless ages 0-4 or medically prevented from doing so)
- Maintain an appropriate distance (six feet or more) from all other parties
- Limit contact to infrequent or incidental movement within fitness activities
If you are unable to wear a mask due to medical conditions, we encourage you to take advantage of our online offerings located here.
We cannot completely eliminate the potential spread of illness. Please consider your risk when entering.
Emergency Child Care
We are providing child care for essential personnel, ensuring that our health care workers and city staff can work with out worry. We are taking care of their children, so they can take care of you.
We are collecting non-perishable food items for local food banks. To date, we have donated over 150 bags of food so that our friends and neighbors in need have nutritious meals for their families.
YMCA ALL THE TIME
We've continued to connect with out members and the community by providing virtual fitness classes. Over 1,400 people have joined our LIVE Facebook group, some individuals are viewing from as far away as Germany. Our YouTube channel now has 1,000 subscribers and over 60,000 views.
Offered support to our most at risk members and program participants by providing tele wellness visits, phone support, zoom meetings. Our LiveSTRONG participants received care packages from their program staff - reminding them that the Y cares, and that we are here for them.
Fill the Bus for Our Future
Reached out to 200 kids in our most at need neighborhoods; Birchwood, James Crossing and other neighborhoods, to provide them with care packages filled with healthy snacks and activities to keep their brains and bodies active and engaged.
Connecting with Our Members
We've connected with members of all ages through virtual wellness calls.