YMCA FOR EVERYONE!
The YMCA of Central Virginia is here for everyone. Our goal is to make our services as accessible to all members of the community regardless of economic and financial status. Financial assistance helps make the YMCA membership and programs affordable through an income-based sliding fee scale.
To Get Started you can apply online, and we will find the membership rate that works for you.
- Choose a YMCA Family Center to be your "home" location below.
- Bring in one of the following forms:
- 1040 Tax Form (For tax year 2022, your Adjusted Gross Income is on Line 11 on Form 1040, 1040-SR, and 1040NR)
- If you do not file taxes, we will ask you to complete Form 4506-T (Line 7: IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter)
- Documentation for all individuals receiving income in the household must be included to be evaluated.
- Start enjoying your YMCA Membership the same day!/li>
- The Y will request income verification every two (2) years to ensure your current membership rate matches your current household income level. Failure to provide updated income documentation will result in membership & facility usage being placed on hold.
INITIAL approval for all financial assistance will be made with a 50% discount on Membership Rate. After registering online, for final approval of assistance and discount, you will have 30 days to bring in one of the required documents to the Y so that we can complete the process. There is a $10 processing fee for all financial assistance applications, in lieu of a joining fee.
Please note that this must be done within 30 days for your FINAL discount to remain active. Monthly dues are dependent on application approval.
Donor support makes assistance possible!
Thanks to generous support from donors to our Annual Fund, scholarship funds are available for membership and programs (including swim lessons, youth sports, community health programs, and more).
Step 1: Select Your Home Branch & Income Bracket
Step 2: Fill Out Your Personal Information
Step 3: Lace Up Your Shoes and Experience the YMCA of Central Virginia