Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you'll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. See our current opportunities below.
Did you know the Y was named one of the best nonprofits to work for according too Indeed? Consider joining our team of Cause-Driven Leaders! The YMCA of Central Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CHILD CARE, MULTIPLE POSITIONS
These positions will provide leadership and supervision to child care programs as a whole and directly to all Before and After School Programs operated by the YMCA of Central Virginia in Lynchburg City, Amherst County and Nelson County.
- Site Aide - Before & After Care: Works directly with the children, assists with daily activities; i.e., snack, games, activities and clean-up, etc.
- Site Assistant - Before & After Care: Works directly with the Site Coordinator to provide planning and execution of age level appropriate experiences using a variety of materials in the areas of the arts, science, social interaction and physical fitness.
- Site Coordinator - Before & After Care: Supervises other staff maximizing their strengths, supervise planned activities, maintain order and adhere to a pre-conceived schedule for each day.
- Minimum requirements of education/experience as outlined by Licensing Standards for the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Group work experience with children desirable.
- Ability to interact positively with children, staff, parents and school personnel.
- Willing to follow all protocols and procedures in regard to COVID-19
- Proof of negative TB screening within 7 days of employment.
- Pre-employment Drug Test Screening.
- A complete Criminal Background Check.
- Three references that can be contacted prior to commitment of employment.
- A complete, Sworn Disclosure Statement (assures that staff has not been convicted of any child crimes) within one (1) week of employment.
- A complete, notarized Request for Search of the Central Registry and Release of Information Form (for the Department of Social Services to assure that staff person has not been convicted of any child crimes) within one (1) week of employment.
Schedule: Positions run concurrently with the school system schedule.
Member Services - Jamerson
YMCA OF CENTRAL VIRGINIA JOB DESCRIPTION
- Job Title: Member Services Representative
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Job Grade: 4
- Reports to: Director of Membership Revision Date: November 2019
- Leadership Level: Leader Primary Function/Department: Family Center
- This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through
- youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Member Services Representative is responsible for assuring
- member services to each member and to answer questions of program participants and guests. In addition, the Member Services
- Staff will assume any other responsibilities that will serve the membership of the YMCA of Central Virginia and/or strengthen the Community.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
1. Communicate in a friendly and courteous manner when answering phones, transferring calls and taking messages.
2. Receipt all program and membership fees.
3. Ability to communicate properly and effectively with people at all levels.
4. Greet everyone who enters the facility in a friendly manner. Interact with all members.
5. Make sure that all members and guest are properly checked in. Greet members by name when scanning.
6. Assist in tours once trained
7. Take membership pictures for cards
8. Be knowledgeable and be able to answer all questions pertaining to all programs.
9. Responsible for accurate input of all program registrations and membership signups.
10. Responsible for accurately reconciling daily cash receipts and closeouts.
11. You are responsible for finding coverage for your shift if you are unable to work.
• Engaging Community
• Communication & Influence
· Must be able to effectively communicate with members, staff, volunteers and vendors
· Knowledge in customer service, which includes proper phone etiquette and computer experience.
· Minimum age of 16
· Previous experience working with children.
· Work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
· First Aid, CPR and AED within 30 days of hire.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
HOURS: Must be Flexible.
· Ability to verbally lead group activities.
· Adequate mobility, sight and hearing to effectively supervise program participants. · Sufficient strength and agility to perform essential functions of position including the ability to lift a child who weighs approximately 50 pounds.
· Ability to perform essential functions which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: standing; sitting; semi-to-full reaching overhead; crouching; kneeling; carrying; twisting of the waist, shoulders and legs.
Child Watch Attendant - Jamerson
CHILD WATCH JOB DESCRIPTION
- Position Title: Child Watch Attendant
- Department: Membership
- General Description: To provide safe supervision and guidance for children in the Child Watch facility.
1. Interpret, communicate and promote YMCA mission, goals and objectives to employees, members, volunteers and the community.
2. Interact and build relationships with children and their parents/guardians.
3. Demonstrate a working knowledge of and effectively communicate with parents/guardians necessary policies, procedures and issues.
4. Responsible for the safety and well being of each child in care of child watch.
5. Responsible for reporting all accidents and injuries to immediate supervisor.
6. Responsible for reporting any suspected child abuse or neglect to immediate supervisor.
7. Maintain cleanliness and safety of all equipment, bathroom, and play space in child watch area.
8. Demonstrate core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility when dealing with fellow staff, children, members, guests and volunteers.
9. All other duties as assigned.
Accountable for safety and well-being of each child in Child Watch, and for safe environment of Child Watch space. Reports directly to Member Engagement Coordinator.
Must be at least 16 years of age. Must obtain CPR and First Aid certifications within 120 days of hire. Must complete the Child Abuse Prevention trainings before first day of work.
Must be able to stand, stoop and kneel for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.