LIVESTRONG® AT THE YMCA
LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA, a small-group program developed and established in partnership with the LIVESTRONG® Foundation, assists those who are living with, through, or beyond cancer to strengthen their spirit, mind, and body. Recent research from the Yale Cancer Center and Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Institute confirmed that LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA participants experience improved fitness and quality of life as well as significant decreases in cancer-related fatigue.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- 12-week program with two 90-minute sessions per week
- Includes cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance and flexibility exercises
- Evaluation includes fitness and quality of life assessments before and after participation
- Facilitated by YMCA-certified instructors Does not require a referral from a physician
- No Cost - Includes YMCA membership for participant and their family or support system