LIVESTRONG® AT THE YMCA
LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA, a small-group program developed and established in partnership with the LIVESTRONG® Foundation, assists those who are living with, through, or beyond cancer to strengthen their spirit, mind, and body. Recent research from the Yale Cancer Center and Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Institute confirmed that LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA participants experience improved fitness and quality of life as well as significant decreases in cancer-related fatigue.
LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA Launch
The program has served more than 30,000 cancer survivors in more than 400 communities across the nation. It is open to adults 18 years or older at low or no cost.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- 12-week program with two 90-minute sessions per week
- Includes cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance and flexibility exercises
- Evaluation includes fitness and quality of life assessments before and after participation
- Facilitated by YMCA-certified instructors Does not require a referral from a physician
- No Cost - Includes YMCA membership for participant and their family or support system