Kids need fuel throughout the day. Snacks can act as a bridge between meals to keep kids’ minds and bodies working well and keep kids energized. These snack bars make kids happy because they taste good and make parents happy because they are made with nourishing, real food ingredients like Eggland’s Best eggs.
Author: Dawn Jackson Blatner, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield/Total Servings: 16 snack bars
- 2 Eggland’s Best eggs
- 1 mashed ripe banana (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk Eggland’s Best eggs, mashed banana, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together oats, flour, chocolate chips, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the egg mixture (wet ingredients) to the oat mixture (dry ingredients) and stir.
- Spread batter into an 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until set in middle and golden around edges.
- Let cool and cut into 16 squares.
Allergy Info: vegetarian, dairy-free, whole grain
Serving size: 1 snack bar
Total Fat: 4.5g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Added Sugar: 3g